MEDICAL MISSIONS 2017
MEDICAL MISSIONS 2015
Medical mission, first of its kind taken place in Offa local government, Kwara State, Nigeria, a US based medical mission team and Nigerian home team was formed to provide necessary medical assistance to unprivileged indigene of Offa. The US team(ODUNA) sourced for funds and materials for the mission, few healthcare companies, hospitals and pharmacies were contacted for donation of materials and funds. Medications were purchased mainly from MAP and Victory pharmacy. Some donated materials were received from the Prince George’s hospital in Maryland, Victory pharmacy and some individual members of ODUNA that include; Mr Ayo Badmus, Alhaja Lola Mustapha, Mrs Fasilat Olajide, Mrs Harriet Adedoyin-Tuyo, Alhaji Lookman Lawal, Dr Tolani Abdulkadir and Dr Adegboyega Abdulkadir.
Volunteers came from Ilorin teaching hispotal, Offa and many medical personnel from different parts of the country. The volunteers comprise Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists and community health-workers. Altogether, 18 doctors consulting simultaneously; 7 pharmacists and more than 40 nurses.
People were screened for the following;
- Sexually Transmitted disease
- Obstetric emergencies
- Resuscitation of new born babies
Approximately about 2150 patients were seen, 40 critical patients were followed throughout the mission and 3 patients were admitted directly from the venue of the mission using the ambulance provided on standby throughput the mission by Dr. AbdulFatai Lateef.
After last day of medical mission, ODUNA donated couches, screens, weight scales, Nebulizers, Neo-Tees, Ambu-bags, medications and other medical materials to Offa General Hospital, Lamodi Health Center, Abogunnugun Basic Health Centre, Igbooro Basic Health Centre, Oluyemoh Basic Health centre, Igbodun Primary Health Center and University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital Allied Health Schools.
- Approximately about 2150 patients were seen,
- Forty (40) critical patients were followed throughout the mission and
- Three (3) patients were admitted directly from the venue of the mission
- Over 3,000 patients were seen
- Thirty-four (34) Cataract surgery performed on the spot
- Three hundred (300) general surgery accomplished
- One hundred and two (102) dental extraction
- Approximate 2,000 eyeglasses given
- 180 volunteers participated
- Forty (40) Doctors
- Fifty (50) Nurses
- Ten (10) Pharmacist